Monday, March 12, 2012

Carrot Dip - Delicious

When I went to Cafe Paradiso to taste their new menu I was blown away by their carrot dip. So I went into cooking mode and tried a few versions and I think I came pretty close with the following recipe. I baked some yummy pide (Turkish Bread) and had a lovely Sunday evening treat. Passing the mixture through a sieve would make it smoother but I was a bit too lazy. The colour was very nice but not as vibrant as the one in Cafe Paradiso but the taste was just delicious.

You will need:

500g carrots (peeled, trimmed and cut into chunks)
Carrot Dip with Turkish Bread
1/4 cup water
2-3 garlic cloves (raw garlic is a bit sharp, roasting it will take it out)
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp coriander
2 tsp lemon juice (you might need more to adjust the flavour)
2 tbsp Olive oil (use the good one for this)

Steam the carrots until tender (reduce the heat when the water comes to the boil and steam on low/medium heat for 15 mins).

Whizz the carrots with the garlic, ginger, spices and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil and whizz again. Taste and adjust if needed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment