Monday, May 14, 2012

Fudge with White Chocolate - Yummmmmm

I always love making sweets and chocolates - not that I am addicted to sweets myself, but I love making them and put them in little boxes as gifts to friends. It also helps that Mr T got a really sweet tooth. My first fudge a few weeks back was made with condensed milk and I wanted to try if I can make it just with sugar and cream - yes I can :-) Here is what I came up with:

  • 500g caster sugar (I used golden caster sugar which gave a lovely caramel colour)
  • 500ml cream (use double if you have)
  • 3 tbsp liquid glucose (Tesco has a squeeze tub of glucose, much easier to handle)
  • 140g white chocolate (chopped into biggish chunks - small ones will melt)

Line a square tin with baking paper.

Put the caster sugar, cream and liquid glucose in a pan. Heat slowly, stirring the ingredients until the sugar melts and stops feeling grainy. Turn up the heat and fast boil. Make sure to keep an eye on the pan as the mixture can boil over very quickly. Make the 'drop-test' after about 6-7 minutes by dropping a small amount into a glass of cold water. If it sets into a soft ball, you have the right consistency. Turn off the heat and keep stirring for a further 5 mins. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate into the mixture and swirl it through the mixture. Pour into the prepared tin and leave the fudge to set (best overnight). Turn out and cut into squares.

You can keep the fudge in an airtight container for up to 2 month (bet it won't tho) and please don't store it in the fridge as it will get soggy.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment