Friday, October 25, 2013

Old Post Office - New Gem in Sunday's Well

I am very lucky to meet so many interesting people through my Critic's Nights and one of them told me to head to Vikkis in Sunday's Well - of course, I followed the advise, always on the lookout for a new gem.

Sunday's Well is normally not on my radar although Annie's is located there as well as the City Goal but it doesn't jump to mind if thinking food. That will change now with the arrival of Vikkis - a cafe full of life and laughter, modern with an antique flair, light and warm.

The cafe is located at the Old Post Office in Sunday's Well and Vikki kept most of the original features. The post office was the front of a domestic house and the original fireplace is still in place with couches in front of it. Bright blue tiles behind the counter give the place a light lift and bring sun and summer to mind although it is raining outside. Stairs lead up to a back garden with lovely tables and chairs and on a sunny day will transport you to a Mediterranean island.

Going with the current trend, tea & coffee is served in vintage china - I love it - and my tea came in a silver antique teapot, I was in heaven. The food is based on simple but delicious local food and is made to order. Arbutus bread ensures that the sandwiches are delicious and several options make the choice difficult. On the Pig's back Terrines, O'Flynn Sausages, Blue Haven products and many more Irish products are on display and it becomes clear that Vikki is all about quality.

While Christine and I were enjoying a long overdue chat, a steady stream of people came through the cafe and it became clear that locals have taken to the cafe like fish to water. I might have to reserve the sofa for future visits as it is just too cosy and one doesn't want to leave.

Thank you for a wonderful afternoon :-)

Opening times:
Tue - Fri: 10:00 - 19:00
Sat: 10:00 - 18:00
 
Contact: (021) 439 6575


1 comment:

  1. Excellent piece of
    SASTA Results 2013information, I had come to know about your website from my friend kishore, pune,i have read atleast 8 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanx a lot once again, Regards, SASTA Results 2013 - tnmhr.com to check a variety of game

    ReplyDelete