Friday, October 12, 2012

Toonbridge Dairy in Macroom

Display of cakes
A few weeks back, Toonbridge Dairy opened their cafe next to their dairy in Toonbridge, Macroom. And since I was heading to the Macroom Food Festival anyway, thought it the best opportunity to pay them a visit.

The cafe is nestled nicely between the dairy and a beautiful garden.The inside is smallish and simple but very inviting. The sun was shining and the cafe was lovely warm and light. A wonderful display of cakes was nicely arranged and looked so inviting that I didn't even check the menu.
Outside Seating Area

Since Buffalo milk is Toonbridges trademark - I opted for the buffalo ricotta cheesecake and an Earl Grey tea. The cake wasn't too sweet and had a lovely undertone of lemon in it. When I found a little pip from the lemon, I smiled - proof that it was indeed fresh.

The Cafe
I should have taken my time looking around - I would have seen that the tables have menus displayed and next to the beautiful cakes, offer also salads, sandwiches, cheese & meat boards and of course all sorts of olives, cheeses and other yummylicious things you would normally find at the Olive Stall in the English Market.
Wonderful setting within the garden

The staff is friendly, attentive and welcoming. Friends & neighbours kept coming in and out with the kids playing hide & seek. This is a lovely place with amazing food at value prices.

Will I be back - absolutely if I am on my way to West Cork or Kerry - it's worth a small detour.

The cafe is open Fri, Sat and Sun during the day.
I didn't go into the attached shop to the dairy as it was too busy - but you can buy the cheese, olives and other local produce directly next to the cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment