Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sweet Week - The END

I took a break yesterday but today is our last day of Sweet Week - my waistline seems to be relieved. I went through my larder and found a pack of semolina...I can hear you, but trust me this recipe is really nice and when it is finished, you won't believe it is semolina...trust me on this one. I used heart moulds - since we are close to the special day again - yeap I am saying the Valentine's word - ups....

You will need:

Semolina Heart - to good to give away
  • 250ml milk
  • 75g caster sugar
  • Vanilla essence (use the real stuff or vanilla pods)
  • 40g semolina
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 sheets of gelatin (soaked in cold water)
  • 40ml Cointreau (more or less - it's up to you)
  • zest of 1/2 orange
  • 250ml whipped cream
Bring the milk with the sugar and vanilla to a boil. Stir in the semolina. Keep stirring on a medium heat for about 4 mins, take off the heat. Squeeze the excess water off the gelatin and add to the semolina with the egg yolk - all the time stirring. Add the Cointreau and orange zest. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens, then add the whipped cream - don't beat just stir. 
Fill forms or moulds with the mixture and chill for about 2-3 hours. 

I served it with a mixed berry coulis..... yummmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment